Question for the Steamers

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BC1,
Yep, that's the color. It's sort of a aqua, greenish, blueish. We need a womans opinion..... It's morning sea mist in the mountains Rof} How come every engine I'm building you seem to have one too ??? PMR 1, Cole H/M what else do you have stickpoke

I'll tell you though....This is a good post, I'm getting some great history here too. Thanks Everyone :bow:
Tony

Great minds think alike I suppose Ton'. Rof} Oh, I have quite a few in varying stages of incompletion and several unmolested casting sets as well. It keeps me out of the pubs and brothels. ;D

BC1

BC1,
Yes, I know about the pubs and brothels thing....but once and a while ;D. I have stuff I dreamed about building but the grander faded. I have another dream build that I set the other stuff aside for. Nothing gets done that way :big: So before I move on to the next dream build I decided that I was going to finish (at all costs) the stuff I have 1/2 done. PMR 1 and the hit and miss before I move on. Way to many parts to keep track of for this old man :shrug: Didn't I make that already ??? I want to get the models on the book shelf then start the really big dream.......

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

Sorry to bring this up Steam Guys I'm an IC guy too. I'm addicted to all engines and have to find the support group of EA (engines anonymous) hopefully theres no cure :big:
I have a Stuart D10 in the box with a geared pump and reverser that keeps calling my name too. Maybe..... I'll do the D10 next. Beautiful little engine and better hone my skills for the big guy. Now tell me you have a D10 and the radial BC1 Rof}
Tony

Sorry Tony......It's a fatal disease and there is no cure or 12 step program for it ;D

....ask my wife! ;D

Jasonb
What does a Gib key look like ???

steamer
I guess the only place to get help for this disease is the shop :big:
Tony

Well Tony, I don't want you to think that I am stalking you, :big: but, I do indeed have a D10 that is finished except for the crank. I had a 'lapse' moment and made a pretzel out of it attempting to turn one of the journals and have since put it all in storage on the shelf until I get the courage enough to make another attempt. Maybe after I finish this "Smitty". ;D I do not have a radial and I take my hat off to you sir, for having the lunacy and the stones to depart on such a project. :bow:
You are a better man than I.

BC1

Hi BC1
Yep I'm nuts. My dad an aircraft mech and tool and die maker was in this hobby in the 30's. I grew up with a cabinet full of engines that he made. At the time he made a Morton M5, 5 cyl radial. I would gaulk at all the engines but the radial oh that sweet looking baby. So back then I promised myself that ....when I get BIG.....I would do a radial too. So, I decided to out do dad by 4 cyl's. He watches down on me now and guides my hands.So no worries mate! I hope! So you see I don't have the Engine hobby the Engine hobby's has me, It's in the genes!

BC1
Do you have these engines too? :big:

R-E2.jpg

Tony

Tony,you mentioned you wanted the white"puff" out of the chimney.
I read somewhere that you can add glycerine to the water,which will achieve this effect.I've never tried it,so I'm not sure if it works.Some beautiful engines you have there.Continue with the addiction ;D

Please.
The 2nd engine with the water...
What is it?
How do it run?
Where can I get info to build one?
Very nice.
Thanks.

Here's a link zee. The Rider-Ericsson is available in three sizes depending on your budget. Its still at the top of my wish list too...should have bought the castings about 10 years ago at NAMES for about half what they go for today.

http://www.myersengines.com/

Bill

Thanks Bill.
Looks like I'm getting into the same trouble as most of the members...so many projects...so little time.

I'm in the same boat, just don't think of it as trouble...think of it a properly aging your castings and bar stock prior to starting a project. ;D

Hey Thanks Again Everyone
Zee
That site is where I got the engine mine 1/8 scale. I love it too. lots of things moving around. Works on the Stirling principle.

Guys... Jasonb mentioned a Gib Key on the fly wheel instead of a grub (set)screw. What na hay does a Gib Key look like ??? Can't find any info :eek:
Tony

Thanks Bob,
Looks like some broaching and a hammer :big:
Tony

Latest posts

Back