Punch press

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kustomkb

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
The sad thing is when one guy gets killed theres probably 10 more to take his place, how can you compete with that?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bsnlq0YIf4[/ame]

frightening, not a level playng field is it?

:eek: You couldn't pay me enough ................ :fan:

Malcolm

Wow that's worse then the guys on the Aircraft carrier decks ducking during take-off. Very scary stuff.

itowbig said:
somebodys got to do it

No, somebody doesn't. It's just evidence that in some places life is held in cheaper regard than machinery or automation. They would by miffed if someone got hurt, simply for the (brief) loss of productivity. But they would go ballistic if that injury/death also broke the machine.

My Dad worked as an unskilled production machine operator in a weapons
manufacturing plant during the "Conflict"

Many of the items manufactured there were press formed.
Safety devices at the time were heavy leather wrist bands and belts designed
to pull the operator's arms or body away from the press as it came down to form
the parts.

He said a new man was placed on a heavy press one night.
First run, the man didn't step back. The cable to his safety belt jerked back
and took him off his feet to the floor.
On the 4th run he still hadn't learned to step back avoid being leveled to the
concrete.

He was reassigned to housekeeping.
Pushing a broom for minimun wage.

Safety shouldn't HURT!
Physically or financially.

ksouers said:
No, somebody doesn't.

you're right, its just a progressive die that here is done mechanically. Some operator here lost his job to where ever because they have $.005 per part cost saving. Well lookie how they did so. Eventually the chinamen or where ever will grow tired of being canon fodder and then maybe some balance will return....meanwhile gotta keep those walmart shelves full of cheap crap right?

gawd i'm getting cynical :D

These are the correct way to do things, NOT.

COMBINED EYE PROTECTION AND FACE MASK, ON THE CHEAP

safety1.jpg

RAYBANS AND THE TIMES WORK MUCH BETTER

safety2.jpg

A SOFT HAT IS BETTER THAN A HARD HAT

safety3.jpg

THE CORRECT WAY FOR VEHICULAR SUPPORT

safety4.jpg

SAVES MONEY DIGGING TWO HOLES TO SUPPORT THE POSTS, ONLY ONE HOLE NEEDED TO DROP THE SUPPORTER IN. AND IF YOU ARE LUCKY, YOU CAN REDUCE THE POPULATION IN THE BACKGROUND.

safety5.jpg

Now doesn't that make you feel happy, try the above and see how long you last.

DO NOT COMPLAIN ABOUT SAFETY, IT IS THERE FOR YOUR WELL BEING.

SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO CHOICE !!!!!

Bogs

HOly C%@P!

The first time that machine came down I thought it was going to pancake them.
But on the plus side they were all given gloves. :eek:

Makes you think about buying that cheap Chinese stuff doesn't it?

But on the plus side they were all given gloves.

I think the gloves are on to keep the parts clean... That target practice one I hadn't seen, Insane.

This is just stupid, if an American did that the whole coutry would swoop down on the company and everyone would lose their job. hard to believe the things that happen in some countrys. :eek:

hey bog................at least the guy welding under the truck is using two 4 x 4's to support the truck from falling on him :big:

chuck

Just a few more things not to get up to.

CAN YOU JUST PASS ME THE BULB

safety6.jpg

RED TO RED, BLACK TO BLACK.

safety7.jpg

CHARLIE, HAVE YOU BEEN USING MY PATIO CHAIRS FOR ANYTHING?

safety8.jpg

IT TAKES TWO TO TANGO.

safety9.jpg

OOPS !!!

safety10.jpg

Bogs

Well of course we can sue and win the lottery if we happen to spill hot coffee on ourselves. That's progress!

There must be a happy medium somewhere between taking total responsibility for our actions like the Chinese workers and taking no responsibility whatsoever.

Cheers,

BW

BobWarfield said:
Well of course we can sue and win the lottery if we happen to spill hot coffee on ourselves. That's progress!

There must be a happy medium somewhere between taking total responsibility for our actions like the Chinese workers and taking no responsibility whatsoever.

Cheers,

BW

Bob

There is something close to that happy medium. It's called common sense on both sides. Unfortunately someone introduced greed and there went common sense.

My 2 cents worth

Cheers

Don

You know, maybe we are looking at this safety thing all wrong! I mean, maybe the problems we have are due to all of the safety regulations. The more safety we have, the more idiots survive which go on to contaminate the gene pool. If a few of these people were thinned out, maybe things would be a little better!

Okay, I am kidding here, so don't take the above seriously! But, what I don't understand is why would someone want to place themselves in such a dangerous situation to make a buck?? Wow!!!!

wareagle said:
You know, maybe we are looking at this safety thing all wrong! I mean, maybe the problems we have are due to all of the safety regulations. The more safety we have, the more idiots survive which go on to contaminate the gene pool. If a few of these people were thinned out, maybe things would be a little better!

Okay, I am kidding here, so don't take the above seriously! But, what I don't understand is why would someone want to place themselves in such a dangerous situation to make a buck?? Wow!!!!

Perhaps it's less dangerous than the alternative?

Back