Paddleducks engine plans book

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These plans can now be obtained from this post (a bit further down on this page)

http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/index.php?topic=10356.msg115377#msg115377

If anyone still wants a copy of these plans, then I would suggest you download them within the next couple of weeks.

I will be letting my Rapidshare account lapse in 19 days, and so they will not be available on that link any more.

Normal set of plans, as a RAR file

Set of plans as a self extracting archive, just run the file after download, and it automatically unpacks it for you.

A set of DFX files that goes with the book, not done by me.

Bogs

How about uploading them here ? Or are they too large ?

Make it easier for interested folks here to find them :)

Mike

Thanks Bogs.. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Best regards
Paolo

Rather than sending PM's to all the people who have sent offers of help to host my plans book, I would like to thank them publicly for their caring.

I think I now have things all sorted, and it should have a new home very soon.

BTW, I don't mind at all if someone would like to put my book onto their host and post a link to it, say in this topic. As long as it is totally free to one and all to download and no profit is made out of it.

There have been nearly 1000 downloads since I put it up on my host just over a year ago, and a few thousand before that, and it is still being downloaded on a regular basis. So just in case something happens to me and my host should eventually disappear, then maybe having it in a couple of other places would be a good idea.

Many thanks again gents.

John

BRAVO! John. And thank you :bow: for keeping your drawings alive for us all to share and enjoy. (marvel over really) I have both your book and the drawings safely archived away on disk and stick, AND hard copies in a binder just "in case of emergency", you understand Thm:

BC1
Jim

I'm in the money.

I just checked on my Hotfile account, and in the last three days, 18 downloads, earning me the fantastic sum of 3 cents.

If it goes on at that great rate, it should work out to about 3 bucks a year, so a new lathe costing say 3 grand will only take me a millenium.

I can't wait.

Maybe I should write another one, then I will get it twice as quick woohoo1

Who says there isn't money to be made? Rof}

Bogs

Bogstandard said:
I'm in the money.

I just checked on my Hotfile account, and in the last three days, 18 downloads, earning me the fantastic sum of 3 cents....

Bogs

Just think, if you lived here in the US of A in the wonderful city of Phily PA, You would get the 'priviledge' of paying the city government $300 dollars a year as a tax for having an 'internet business'. No matter how much or little you earn!

:mad:

Can anyone verify that these files are downoading and unpacking OK.

I have just had a report from a Moderator on another site that he has downloaded them, but they won't unpack or run.

I suspect it is not my files at fault as they are still being downloaded and no-one has shouted up yet that there is a problem.

Many thanks

John

I just downloaded the all-in-one-self-extracting version, and it downloaded ok, all chapters opened ok too. The only thing was that when the extractor program ran it wanted to put the files in the default folder for my browser ( firefox ) and not in my downloads folder. Perhaps that is where the problem was with the Mod on the other site, maybe he didnt realise that it was putting it in a totally different folder than he thought.

Thanks again for making these plans available, I have got mine running quite smoothly now, and it will tick over on 4-6psi now. I just have to bling it up a bit, but that's going to wait for a while until I get a couple of other things done.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQOVGavs4BQ[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhdwrRD_mTc[/ame]

Tim

Tim,

Many thanks for trying it out for me.

That sure is a good running one you have there, and it will get even better the more it runs in.
I hope that building it has given you a bit more inspiration and confidence to try something a little more challenging.

Things that look complicated sometimes aren't so, and just making one, or a few good parts at a time, assembles into something you have just made.

Well done indeed.

BTW, I made two initially and the one that was blinged, I keep under my computer monitor to show people who visit what it turns out like, if they want to know more, then I take them to the shop and show them the other one running.

I am in touch with a gent who is making 5 at the same time, I think he is looking to solve his Christmas presents problem.

Thanks again

John

Bogstandard said:
Many thanks for trying it out for me.

No probs ;)

That sure is a good running one you have there, and it will get even better the more it runs in.
I hope that building it has given you a bit more inspiration and confidence to try something a little more challenging.

Thanks John, you cannot imagine the smile on my face when it ran for the 1st time. It really has given me a huge amount of confidence to carry on building with.

To anyone considering this build, just go for it!! It was my 2nd engine and it really helped me to expand my engineering skills.

I am in touch with a gent who is making 5 at the same time, I think he is looking to solve his Christmas presents problem.

5, wow!! but I guess that making 10 of something instead of 2 is not a massive stretch.

Thankyou for making these plans available to us all.

Tim

John,

I am in the process of building this engine along with two others. I downloaded the AutoCAD files someone did to facilitate my build. I decided to redo the drawings in AutoCAD but with Imperial measurements. I also spread the parts out over more sheets so they weren't so crowded. When I am finished doing the drawings, would you like for me to upload them to the downloads section of HMEM? Or I can send them to you if desired.

-dennis

Hi John
Just like to say a big thankyou for making these plans available.

I have just downloaded them, really really liked them. Very informative
very easy to understand, if only swmbo would let me read them in piece
instead of shouting your dinners getting cold :big:

Oh well, guess I'll get to read them properly when she goes out shopping.
Thanks again John.

Best Regards
Ken

Latest posts

Back