Obtaining 12L14 stock in Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugg_Bobcat

Reaction score
Hi to the other Aussies on the forum ...:)

I am finding it real hard to find any small quantities of 12L14 grade cold rolled stock in Perth .... we are the most isolated city in the world.

Is there any other Perth-ites out there that may be able to drop some names WRT to sourcing some off-cuts from a machine shop in return for some $$ for their beer fridge or even a steel supplier who will do 1m cuts of round bar.

Even an eastern states supplier .... and I'll just have to suck it up regarding the freight !!

Thanks in advance

Dugg

Hi Dugg, Bohler Udderholm are showing a couple of suppliers in Perth, you may have to make up a minimum purchase of $50 or so, but if it's like the stores over in the eastern states, a variety of sizes can make up one order. Google then to find out more.

Paul.

Yeah Paul is spot on,

Bohler Canning vale or even better give Ty a buz at; The Steel Store in Kewdale 9350 9582
(they are a division of Bohler)

$50.00 minimum order, they have an off-cut bin there, pretty easy to rack up 50 bucks and walk away with a heap of material.
I usually clean out the 4140 or the cast iron. ;)

Hi Dugg, we have a Surdex Steel store, and they will cut to any size, if the material is more than 50mm in diameter, not sure what postage is to Perth, not sure if Surdex is in Perth, there a a number of stores in Vic,

Regards
Nick

Back