Novice from Phoenix, AZ

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ke7hr

Reaction score
Hi to you all on HMEM from Phoenix, AZ!

My name is Paul and I have a 3 in 1 small machine and will be building some model engines. The HMEM is great. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks, reading many of the posts and getting a sense of what goes on here and am very impressed. My machining skill is at a complete novice level and am trying to get my machine to be accurate (within reason) and learn how to do things in an accepted mannor. I am enrolled in a community college class and pick up nuggets of good information in every class. The learning curve is steep, but fun.

I uploaded a modified Jingle Bell Motor and that will probably be my first attempt at a motor. It is quite simplified from the original to allow my manual machine (and novice skills) a chance to complete it.

Some of my other major hobbies include amateur radio (KE7HR) and caving - as can be seen by my avatar graphic. I often combine the hobbies and have done extensive radio work from deep in caves to the surface.

Welcome
the jingle bell motor looks like a good motor to start with.
-B-

Paul,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hey Paul,
Welcome aboard and you know the drill th_wwp
Tony

Welcome to the forum Paul. I don't know anything about a 'Jingle Bell Motor' so I'm interested to see what it is. Have fun!

I am starting the build today and will start a thread to report progress.

The original Jingle Bell motor apparnetly had a loose bearing and the flywheel made a noise as it rotated (Jingle Bell noise). I hope mine is quiet...

By that naming system, one of my early Stirlings should have been called Box of Rocks. ;D

Back