Newcomer from Estonia.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hobyboy

Reaction score
Hallo!My name is Karl and I´m living in Estonia.
I´m worked as machinist on lathes,mills and other equipment.I hawe highest grade inqualification on these machines.Now its soon time to retirement and I seeking for good hobby in future.
I found this site and wery happy!You are the best,guys! Just...did anyone tell me how to start this exciting hobby?With what engine start?Any suggestion?Thanks on advance!
Karl

Hello Karl,

Welcome to the group. Do you want to build a steam engine or a spark ignited gasoline engine model? From your years of experience it sounds like you could build anything you choose.

Regards,

Chuck

I love steam since childhood...the big engines on the railway...and I think that i would begin with steam engine...somthing that works and simple.As alweys I prfer to start with simple things...Thank!

Welcome to the group! Happy retirement, by the way! I'm in agreement with kuhncw in that you could probably go with whichever. There seem to be a lot of steam junkies on this site. I'm interested in ic but starting with steam and in both departments there is a huge knowledge pool on here and people have always been very quick to answer my rookie questions .

Latest posts

Back