Newbie from Africa

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterET

Reaction score
Good Evening All

I am from South Africa, I am currently doing my Trade in Aircraft Maintenance, and Studying Mechanical Engineering Part time. I have always been interested in model engines.

Towards the end of last year my brother and myself jointly bought a Emco Maximat V10. For a very good price, With which I hope to have many hours of happy machining. How ever it needs a bit of work before any turning can get done. So at this point i am currently getting Nylon Gears cut for it, as the originals are all cracked. Also i need to change the motors from 3 Phase to Single phase as we have no 3 Phase power at home, and service delivery here will just render getting 3 Phase power installed nearly impossible.

Some time soon I will have the little machine running again, and can start on my first project.

And Learn all the skills involved, I can use a lathe but at the moment my skill on them is limited to turning bushes

Peter

Welcome Peter, changing to a single phase motor will probably be your cheapest option. You will certainly get a lot of help from fellow members if you ask.

Paul.

Welcome Peter. You have come to the right place for info. HMEM is the Google of home shop machinists. :D

Back