Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the plumber

Reaction score
hi as you may have gussed by the name i am a plumber to trade. i live in scotland near glasgow.

i own a small myford lathe that i use in my garage.
having no formal training in engineering i am just using the lathe making small ornaments, chess sets,, companion sets etc.
want to progress to more demanding projects as i currently just make up my own sizes and dimensions.

recently found drawings of a finger engine on a website and think i have been fairly successful on this project {it spins anyway at least}. i also am in the process of trying to build an old mine engine, it is taking shape {at least as an ornament anyway} but i,m struggling badly with the steam chest. will hopefully be looking for advice on this in the near future.

ps not too hot on computers so please bear with me on this one, have a tendancy to press the wrong button and lose information and websites.

Hi the plumber,
wEc1
from another Myford owner, and don´t lose this website! Write the address to a Post-it, just in case ;D

the plumber said:
............ please bear with me on this one, have a tendancy to press the wrong button and lose information and websites.

Well, at least we can all rest a little easier knowing that you aren't manning a missle silo somewhere... :big: :big:

Welcome wEc1

Tell us some more of your mine engine, such as what drawings you are working of of or what troubles you are experiencing with your valve chest. We'd all love to hear all about it and I'm certain be able to get you over the hump (out of the toilet??) sorry, I couldn't help myself... ;D

BC1
Jim

the plumber

Welcome to HMEM Mr. Plumber. Glad to have you on board here. If you have any questions ask away as there is usually someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. I am sure that you will find help for most any problem that you run into.

It would be nice if when you have the time you could post a couple of pictures of what you have done to date.

Cheers :)

Don

the plumber said:
i live in scotland near glasgow.

you can't help bad luck :p

Seriously..............Welcome to our forum wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hello and welcome. How about posting some photos of your mine engine?
Dennis

Welcome aboard and hold on for the ride :big: :big:

Hi Plumber and welcome to the fun :)

Bill

Back