Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matabo

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,

a few words to introduce myself.

I am an italian guy, who likes firearms and metalworking (and something else too...but it is not so interesting).

I met this forum after buying a Sieg x2. I found a few wonderful threads about modifications for that mill. Soon I will post some remark about those modifications (and because "a picture is worth a thousand words", I hope to post as many pics as I can, but as you can imagine it is not simple to take good pics. Anyways, I hope that my pics will be better than my english...).

Other than that, I saw really great masterpieces here. I love to see and to study model engines, even if I have never built one of them until now.

Thank you for sharing this space.

matabo,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Ciao, welcome to this place, im new too and like guns as well!

Welcome matabo!

I think you'll find that there are a lot of us gun nuts enthusiasts here. :big: What are the firearms laws like in Italy? Hopefully they are less restrictive than many of your neighbors to the north and west.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your projects, especially mods that you make to your equipment. I haven't gotten around to building an engine yet, I have too much fun modifying and improving my machines. ;D

id say your english is better than mine, is your name matabo or are you particularly attached to that brand of grinder. looking forward to seeing some projects

Hello Metabo, welcome to the forum.

CHuck

websterz said:
What are the firearms laws like in Italy? Hopefully they are less restrictive than many of your neighbors to the north and west.

LOL Firearms laws are crazy, like everywhere in the world.

Seriously, never forget that our heritage is very different from yours.
In Europe, owning firearms is generally forbidden. But the law can be sometime "relaxed" and the government allows you to own/carry firearms for sporting or security purpose.

In the USA, owning/carrying a firearms is a well established right, but sometime the law forbids you to own or use a firearm (I know that there are States in the USA with very restrictive laws).

This is for law.

Then you have to go through administrative procedures....and the things get really crazy.
If your police department is a "bad one", they can make your life very hard.

hammers-n-nails said:
id say your english is better than mine, is your name matabo or are you particularly attached to that brand of grinder. looking forward to seeing some projects

No sir, my name is Emanuele.

If I am not wrong, the brand is mEtabo, not mAtabo. I use matabo just because it is not already used as a nickname (matabo has no particular mean).

welcome it adicting here so jump in and dont forget the pictures we like them

Latest posts

Back