Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lesmo

Reaction score
Hi All from North Staffordshire UK

I have owned a combination lathe/mill for a number of years, which has been used to turn the odd bits and pieces for the car I built and the ones I restored, but as I gained a few too many miles on the clock, and became a lot less flexible in the joints, that hobby gradually lost it’s appeal, so inspired by “Norm Abraham” on his TV series “New Yankee Workshop” I set about equipping my workshop with a lot of woodworking machinery.

Producing the design drawings was no problem, as I used a 3d cad package in my job, so I set about woodbuchery. The thing which surprised me most, and still does, is just how easy it is to turn out professional results with the right machinery, no matter if it’s a set of panelled doors for the workshop and a heavy pergola to work under in the summer, or a dovecote for the garden or chest of drawers for my workshop widow.

I have always had an interest in old steam engineering both full size and models, all that lovely brass and smooth running well oiled machinery. Having just recently browsed parts of this website, following Steve Huck’s link from “Mikes Models” I am amazed at some of the projects, not to mention the patience and dedication it must take to undertake them.

So have just had a sturdy mill delivered, which is now sitting on its pallet waiting to be installed after I make some space for it in the shop. My first job will be to gain more knowledge and this forum has a wealth of it.
Cheers Les

Welcome Les
I'm glad you have found us and hope you will enjoy your new hobby! I am fair new at this hobby, and have found this site and the people on it to be extremely friendly and helpful. There have been many well documented builds with lots of pics and explanations, so I urge you to dig in and enjoy. By the way we love pictures, so don't hold back
Good luck and enjoy!
John

Lesmo,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

I am sorry it took a while to sort out your registration problem. :-[

Best Regards
Bob

Hey Lesmo!

Glad we sorted it! Welcome! Jump in the water's fine!

;D

Dave

Latest posts

Back