New member from Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swilliams

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm from Canberra in Aus. I've got reasonable experience with machining and the like but very little with model engine building. Currently I need to relocate my workshop but hope to get that dealt with in the next few weeks. Once I've got that done I would like to try my hand at building a model IC engine. Maybe a Hit and Miss or something along those lines. Any suggestions for a good model to build are most welcome.

Anyway greetings to all
Steve

Aha! Welcome to the forum Steve.
I'm too new at this to make suggestions for a model...
but I'm looking forward to pics and posts of your project.

Welcome aboard, Steve. I have family off the Captain's Flat road, outside of Queanbeyan.

What sort of equipment do you have in your shop?

Rick, Welcome to this forum, hope you have as much fun and pleasure as I do. larry

G'day Steve from another Aussie (SA) welcome aboard the SS Lunatic ..... They dont tell you until youre hooked but every month you can choose to vote on a outstanding model to feature for the month. If youre not bald now you will be trust me. Its near impossible to pick them so names in hat is my method. :big:
Re a hit & miss check out Minitech in Bris for kits ...I have found them good to deal with. If you want to build from scratch there are plenty blokes (and no doubt blokesses) here to guide you.
Cheers
Pete

Welcome Steve - I'm only a coupla hours to the north of you.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

zee - When I manage to make a start I'll post some pics.

Richard - Must be a fair trip to Queanbeyan. I've got a small lathe and mill. I can manage them in a trailer.

Pete - I've got a few things off Minitech in the past. I'll check em out for engines, thanks. SS Lunatic hey? I guess there's no chance of us sinking :p

Tel - Many years since I set foot in Bathurst, long before I moved to Canberra. Nice to hear there's others close by.

Bill - Thanks for the links. I really like the Jerry Howell site.

Thanks Rick, Larry and Gordy too.

Back