New kid on the block

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carbide_burner

Reaction score
Hi there all! This is my introductory post. I have been keeping my eye on the forum for about a week now as a guest, and I decided today is the day I join!

I am a great lover of machines and engines, and I'm actually involved in the hobby of restoring antique stationary engines. A few weeks ago someone at my work gave me an old GBN model steam engine, and it immediately rekindled childhood memories of me dreaming about owning a Meccano steam engine. Now is the time to start making my own engines! ;D

I am a fitter and turner by trade, and at the moment I'm responsible for the CNC programming at the company I work for. I am used to HUGE workpieces that weigh several tons each, :eek: so model engineering is a great escape from daily work, but still making shavings!

I'm hoping to ask a lot of stupid questions regarding the models, and hoping to learn a lot from you guys. I'm particularly interested in the different cycles of engines, and have done quite a bit of searching on the net. One new cycle to add to my list: the fire eating vacuum engine. Never knew of that...Fascinating!!!! (might just be my first project)

Enough for now. Better get my workshop in order.

You are in good company. Our fearless leader restores antique engines as well.

Welcome to the club!

Eric

Welcome to this great board,carbide burner.You'll find a bunch of very helpful people.
btw.,I love your tag line ;D

Hi, Carbide_burner,

This is a fun group of well informed folks who made the minor indiscretion of letting me join ... but I played all innocent like so they didn't know.

The only stupid question, as the saying goes, is the one unasked. From looking over the board, questions are asked of all flavors - some of which I even knew the answers to but was way too late to answer. At the same time, looking over the board provides a lot of information so you may not need to ask some questions; someone already has and the answers are there for you.

Anyway, have fun and consider a finger engine as a cool thing to do some rainy afternoon. :D

BEst regards,

Kludge

Latest posts

Back