New Guy - Horse Trading - CNC Work for Castings?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattgatten

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Recently got into machining (past few months). I'm very interested in these amazing little engines. They guy I bought my mill from made a vast array of different types and ran them for me. Wow!

Here is my question. I have more than enough hobbies to keep me plenty busy. I don't think I want to pick up another at this point (casting). I do however, own and operate an pretty nice benchtop CNC router. I can wood, plastics, and foam up to 14W X 18L X 3D. If I section my models and pieces, the sky would be the limit. I also have a touch probe for part duplication. It is a really neat part of having one of these machines.

I understand that in making the patterns, you guys use wood, plastic, foam, etc. Does anyone feel like doing a little networking/'horse trading' goods and services in the future? I've owned this thing for over a year now. I'm really decent with CAD. (Created the Bearcat myself). I figure, at the least, I could possibly save some time and effort for a couple of folks, including myself. I'm not interested in money, just making some friends, having a good time, and the rewards that go along with projects / hobbies like these.

Here are some pictures of my machine and a project I've been doing for an R/C model guy. Foam prototypes of a racing Bearcat (that has been flown by various folks) which eventually will become 'bucks' for vacu-forming.
Bearcat Project

3558090472_1dcc0d9627_o.jpg

Latest posts

Back