New from Ontario Can.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catminer

Reaction score
Hi;
I am from Ontario Can. have been watching for a while now, this is a great place to read and learn. I work as a mechanic in a mine and have built a few engines.
Up until now now I have made Gingery's Atkinson cycle, H Depenbusch's H&M,
Coles large and small H&M, a Duclos gearless, and I am currently working on a 1/5 scale Famous from castings and an Upshur twin from MEB drawings.
I should mention I am going to Cabin Fever if anyone local is interested.Will be leaving from Stratford area.

Peter

Hi Catminer

Welcome to HMEM. Looks like we are just about neighbours. I don't know how I missed seeing your post before this but better late than never. I am sure that with the lineup of engines that you have there will be lot dropping by with questions. If you get a chance perhaps you can show the members some photo's of some of what you have built. Hope that you get good weather for the trip to Cabin Fever. Don't forget to take the camera with you. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Hello Don
Thanks for the reply, here are a few pictures I hope, I am quite new to posting items so we will see well I do. These were taken with the shop camera (2mb) so they are not the sharpest pics.
Peter

Gingery Atkinson.JPG

Depenbusch hit and miss.JPG

Duclos gearless.JPG

Coles small hit and miss.JPG

Hi Peter, and welcome to HMEM. Sorry I missed the original post as well, but that is certainly a nice collection of engines you have there!!

Regards,

Bill

Thanks Bill
I was just trying to get a couple more photos ready. These are posted in the order that they were built. I think it shows improvement. The 1/5 Famous is still underway and the tractor with the large Coles hit and miss comes out in the summer. It is an ongoing project and gets changed everytime I get a brilliant ::) new idea. The paint can water tank is temporary there is a water pump and evaporator but it is very messy and needs rethought.
Peter

famous.JPG

Tractor.JPG

Peter

Welcome aboard. A fine looking collection of engines. I like the tractor already, keep us posted as mods occur.

Cheers, Joe

Peter

Those are certainly a fine lot of engines that you have shown us. Are you going to be taking any of them to show at Cabin Fever? It will be interesting to watch the last 2 evolve to their finished state. I will be watching for it. Thanks for taking the time to show them off to us Peter. :bow: :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Don

Thanks for the interest in my engines, no I won't be taking any for display. I go for the auction Friday and the show Sat. Drive home Sun. they prefer if you display that it is for Sat. & Sunday. I also have an Upshur twin on on the bench, maybe ready to start for first time this weekend, still working on the carb adding an idle stop and throttle return spring to it. Will have to take a picture of it.

Peter

Peter,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Back