Need help identifying my Stirling engine models

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bangeeboy

Reaction score
I'm new to this forum and I hope someone out there can help me find out who produced the casting kits or engine plans for three nice stirling engines I purchased last month. I bought them from a gentleman who aquired them from the widow of a machinist that came to the United States from England some years ago. After he died the widow wanted to return to England so she sold all his steam and stirling engines before leaving the USA. The engines are very well machined and they run just great. He was a very talented man for sure. I'm trying to find out if he may have pruchased these engines as unmachined casting kits, or possibly just bought the engine plans form someone (or company),.....or maybe he designed and built them all by himself. Have any of you seen this style of Stirling engines on the market before, who produced the kits or plans, or where I could go to get information on them. They could be "one -off" custom made engines but I tend to doubt that. They are all 14-15 inches tall with 5 to 6 inch flywheel, alll made from aluminum.
Thanks for any info! (I hope I'm successful in attaching pictures of the engines!)

My  Aluminum Stirling 001.jpg

My  Aluminum Stirling 002.jpg

My  Aluminum Stirling 003.jpg

My  Aluminum Stirling 004.jpg

My  Aluminum Stirling 005.jpg

My  Aluminum Stirling 006.jpg

It is most likely a series of self designed and built Stirlings by this craftsman. Common elements among all engines photo'd are the hot cylinder with burner shield, linkages and pedestals. Somewhat unique is the con rods. Not a sharp edge in beam and big end. Tapered and finished, more like a forged piece. You can comb thru European machinist and modellers web sites and maybe come up with some commercially produced kits that match. All builders of their own designs will show their "fingerprints" in subsequent builds in that the parts made look very similar to what worked before. Take a look thru these gallerys and you can see those themes! http://www.stirlingparadise.de

Latest posts

Back