• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeModelEngineMachinist and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Myford

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redpiperbob

Reaction score
Hi Everybody
I'm new to this forum. I dont know if this is the correct place on the forum to post this thread but here goes.(I am amazed at the depth of threads) I am looking to find a Myford 7 or super 7 in a sorry statefor a long time referb. I dont have a lot of money thats why I cant buy a new or resonable second hand machine. I live in Scotland so am looking to the UK for traveling to collect. I hope someone out there can helpme
Thanks Bob

Bob;
I moved your request here. It is a bit unusual for folks to post stuff wanted on there first post. Please post a thread in the welcome area and tell us a bit about yourself. Tell us about your interests in model engineering.
Folks are more likely to want to help if we know a lite bit about you.
There are a fair number of folk from the UK.
Tin

Hi Tin
You can remove this request if you want to I have bought a lathe now I will post a pic when I get it settled in
Thanks Bob :big:

IF you got a myford i have some spares ,for sale

Regards Rob

Hi Mickey
I have gone over you rebuild with a fine tooth comb, very informative thanks for putting it on line I got the same inverter and motor from the same place as you. I am just waiting for the ML7 to be delivered today. Cant wait to get started. The machine looks in good nick so I do not expect to have to strip it down as far as you had to, but we will wait and see.
Rob
I'll keep you in mind I am not sure what is coming with the lathe yet. Thanks for letting me know.

Bob

Bob:
Glad you found YOUR myford.
Now we await photos of a finished project!!No pressure here ;D
Tin

Hello Bob,

Glad it was of interest. I have decided that when the pennies have piled up high enough I will now send the bed and cross slide to Myford for a regrind. My reason is that recently I have been using the lathe quite a bit (pens for Christmas!) and have grown very fond of the old girl. Sufficiently enough to go the whole hog and pay the Myford man. The lathe will then see me out.

Good luck on your project and I will say I enjoyed my rebuild far more than I thought. It was a great experience.

Don't forget to post the photo's and email me direct if you need to.

Mike

OK Lads and lassies
Here it is. :big: I have not a lot to refurb on this the ML7 is immaculate considering the age (it is an early one). I got a great deal here. Measured the ways there is hardly any wear at all. couldn't wait so I drilled the bench and bolted up using a dial gauge didn't move at all on tightening. Set up a piece of bar and did a test cut (as the Ian Bradley book Myford series 7 manual :bow: ) at the tail end and the chuck end and was amazed at the accuracy of the piece on measuring.
ML72S.jpg

ML71S.jpg

Now to set up the new motor (the one that came with the lathe is a crompton) and the inverter.
and turn up a new motor pulley. Then make a drip tray and fit the raising blocks (they came with the lathe).
Then start kitting it out 4 jaw chuck, faceplate, threading indicator.leadscrew handle, change wheel set. But they are going to have to wait a while I'm broke. ;D ;D

Looks like you've gotten a good clean machine there. Good luck. Myfords are an excellent machine. You may want to look at the Hemingways site if your UK based (although they do send abroad) as they have kits for Myford tooling. One I have recently bought (and yet to make) is a spindle handle system. Anyway have a look their link is http://www.hemingwaykits.com/acatalog/Workshop_Accessories.html/url] Mike

Beautiful lathe redpiper. Its amazing how little these Myfords have changed over the years. I do prefer the gray over the aquamarine paint scheme though. Engoy your new addition!!

Bill

redpiperbob, that machine looks in excellent condition Thm: - You'll enjoy it ;D

Regards, Arnold

Latest posts

Back