My Video of the #29 Mine Engine.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Butcher

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Here's the video I promised the other day. Without auto focus I had to set it at one distance. Hopefully it came out O.K.

EDIT: Holly Cow!! I just watched the video and realized I plugged the air supply into the exhaust!!! :big: :big: :big: :big: :big:

I thought it was just my senility when I started it up for the video, and it ran counter clockwise. I always set my timing for the flywheels to turn clockwise. I remember doing this silly thing on a previos build, but it wouldn't run. I'll be replacing the exhaust with a shorter pipe.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkulrYt6hwQ[/ame]

-MB

BigBore said:
Any way you turn it, that's one nice piece of work.

Ed

Thanks Ed. I appreciate the compliment! :)

Troutsqueezer said:
Well now, that's really cool! Lots of moving parts to look at! I might have to put that model on my short list. Been thinking about the next engine when I'm done with the twin.

Say, I seem to remember your feeding the air supply into the twin on the exhaust side at first too, right? As did Marv. Only that engine didn't turn as I recall. That made me ponder putting a valve on the input side of my mine.

Nice job (again!).

-T

Thanks Trout. Your right, it was the twin open column. I solved the problem (senility) by putting a mock muffler on the exhaust side. I already pulled the pipe (before I forget) out of the Mine, and I will either trim away half of it, or add a small disc shaped muffler to it. ::)

I like your new avatar, but how did ya get a picture of me at a younger age? :big:

-MB

Very nice engine!
She will really boogie along.

Am I goin nuts? Talkin to myself again? wheres Trouts post? ??? ??? ???

Very cool video MB. It's a great runner. :bow: :bow: :bow:

Cheers,
Phil

MB, neat looking engine. Lot of nice smooth action going on there. Clockwise/counterclockwise -- would still look good. :bow: :big: :bow: :big:

Fantastic looking engine and runner. Thanks for posting that.
Not my usual kind of music but I was tapping with it. Very enjoyable.

Hi MB, don't ask me how but I accidentally deleted it instead of modifying it. A senior moment I think. Second one today :Doh:

-T

>I like your new avatar, but how did ya get a picture of me at a younger age? :big:

-MB

Oh yah, I was hooked on Mad Magazine as a kid and the moniker "what, me worry?" always seemed to fit my attitude about life.

zeeprogrammer said:
Fantastic looking engine and runner. Thanks for posting that.
Not my usual kind of music but I was tapping with it. Very enjoyable.

Thanks for the compliment Zee. After waiting a good while for the radio commercials to end I started recording at the first opportunity. Not my favorite song either, so I just turn the volume down and watch the engine run.

Polka's next time? ;D

-MB

Troutsqueezer said:
>I like your new avatar, but how did ya get a picture of me at a younger age? :big:

-MB

Oh yah, I was hooked on Mad Magazine as a kid and the moniker "what, me worry?" always seemed to fit my attitude about life.

Trout your typing inside the quotes, Its O.K. I do it all the time, and I have also hit the 'remove' box rather than 'modify' box on more than one occasion (don't ask for a specific count!).

I felt the same way, and still do! I still have piles of them stored away. Alfred E. was my hero and mentor. I can say that now, since you said it first! :big:

-MB

Brian Rupnow said:
Nice engine!!!----awfull music!!!!

Awfull? Wadayamean! Its the hottest song on the radio rite now! ;)

Get with it, or you'll just get old! 8)

Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my engine. :)

Boy, the crowd is very picky today. :p

-MB

doc1955 said:
Very nice engine!
She will really boogie along.

Thanks Doc!
"She will really boogie along."
All rite! My thinking too... Live young, Talk young, Think young, stay young!

-MB

Very, very nice, Butcher. You've done it again.

So that's what they call music in Ohio. The mind boggles. :(

(Klotz's law says that the quality of life decreases monotonically. Modern music is constant proof of the assertion.)

Latest posts

Back