my tiny ic

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris,
"Tiny Class" engines are such fun. I have a few variations that I have built. Yours is outstanding.
Gail in NM

Cheers Gail, gus; ill be post pictures tonight I'm just working on a fuel tank, flywheels and carb today then the base on the weekend

Reactions: gus
Hi Chris,

I will be interested to see what you do for the fuel tank. I have been playing around with designs for a fuel tank for a version of the horizontal Tiny Four Stroke
incorporating the fuel check valve and carburetor in the end plate. You can see what I mean in the cutaway drawing.

I would like to do something similar for a vertical engine like yours but I can't come up with an elegant design. I am hoping for inspiration.

Jim

Fuel tank assembly.jpg

its done! the tiny is finished. my wood working skills are not the best but you'll get the general idea.

IMG_0723.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG
IMG_0726.JPG

Jim that is bloody awesome work mate. i don't think i can call mine elegant but stainless is pretty to look at!

it starts sooooo easy! you dont have to flick it just turn it slow until the points make contact then it goes (ill post a video) and it runs sweet.

my next project is still something to do with a tiny ic "range".... a two cylinder engine, im just not sure to try a boxer style, v-twin or in-line. the reason for wanting to build a 2 cylinder is because i made spare parts i might as well use them!
as for the crankcase and cylinder ill try to post a drawing i just have to remember how to use master cam/ solid works!

Hi Chris,
Please post latest video with vapor tank. I am tempted again to build your engine. Please make available your latest plans.

i didn't end up using a vapour fuel system, instead i went the "traditional" rout of liquid petrol. the fuel tank really didn't have plans but i do have some pics:
IMG_0715.JPG

IMG_0716.JPG

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

Latest posts

Back