My double acting wobbler

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Rupnow

Design Engineer
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
As I find my way around this forum (slowly), I discover more and more areas where things should be posted. This is my double acting wobbler, which is also the first ever project built on a milling machine. It is a very good runner, and was a very easy build. I was a bit uncertain of using Loctite to hold the cylinder cap and rod end in place , and the port plugs in the sides of the vertical stand, (I have a basic distrust of "glue" in general) but it seems to work fine. This engine will run much slower than the first single acting engine I built. This one has what seems to be an extremely heavy flywheel, made of steel---(I had no aluminum in the correct diameter, but did have the end off an old 3" diameter steel shaft). This engine is virtually identical to the one posted by Dick L, however since the flywheel was so heavy, I made the vertical support frame much thicker in the area of the brass main bearing, to give the main bearing additional support. (I also wanted to try out the rotary table which I purchased with the milling machine) This pretty well concludes my work with "wobblers". I think perhaps I may try a beam engine next.---Brian
http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/...ion=view&current=DOUBLEACTINGWOBBLERMOVIE.flv

Nice runner Brian, sounds good too ;D

Good quality vid'. Glad you found a way of posting it (just remember photo bucket can cut your film length down if the file is a bit large)

Just a little note on the posting bit, if you select the ' IMG Code - Forums & Bulletin Boards ' then it should put the movie in a little screen on the post :)

Like this (I don't know this person.... It was the first Vid' on the photobucket page! I have no vid's on there!) This is for purely illustrative purposes (I can dump it when you want Brian... it's your post ;D )

Of course you could already know this and just like the other way of putting it there? who knew? ;) ;D

Ralph.

Back