My 'cozy" shop.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarawa

Reaction score
My shop is very compact. You can use the lathe or the milling machine in one move. If you have a buddy working with you on anything, things get a little tight. The Sheldon lathe in the picture was replaced with the Colchester Triumph.

7cae.jpg

9ffd.jpg

5518.jpg

Triumph.jpg

Very jealous. It is cosy for all the right reasons, not because its small! You have some nice machinery too! Theres nothing stopping you.

I need to:

1. Retire Now (im 26)
2. Swap the use of the house and garage. Live in the garage, have the house as the workshop.
3. Convince the girlfriend.

Awesome shop, I think if you move each piece of equipment an inch closer together you may have room for a coffee maker.

"G"

Size certainly is not everything.

You don't need a coffee machine, just a bell press to tell the coffee maker that you would welcome a cup being brought out to you.

Jim

Size certainly is not everything.

You don't need a coffee machine, just a bell press to tell the coffee maker that you would welcome a cup being brought out to you.

Jim

I dare you to come to my shop and do this :D
I was under the impression that Tigers have two legs????????

not mineRof}Rof}

Ha ha....my better half usually brings me a cup of coffee when I am in the shop!

HI:),
Although a tight Workshop, You have some Nice Machinery. Two Bridgeports I'm Jealous all I have is a Mill Drill.

My wife never seemed to mind me buying equipment. She even asked me to teach her how to use the lathe. She is very protective about "her" half of the garage though! My shop was well layed out when I started with an imaginary line drawn in the sand. After bumping into the machines for several years, I finally got my chance to gain some room when my wife was heading north to visit relatives for a few weeks. As soon as she left, A friend stopped by and with the help of a few pry bars, I moved the whole shop over the center line by about 1 foot. It made a word of difference and isn't even noticable to the untrained (or unsuspecting) eye!

I hope your wife doesn't look over your shoulder when your on this forum then :rolleyes:

Back