meths burner

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firebird

Reaction score
Hi

At the Abbey pumping station show on Sunday I stopped to watch a guy getting his train ready to run. Sorry I don't do trains so took no further interest in the train itself. What did interest me was the type of burner he was using. A couple of pics are shown below. From what I can gather the meths vapourises under the 'mushroom' and the flames burn through the small holes around its perimeter. He said it was a very efficient burner that steamed his train quicker than any other type he has tried. Has anybody tried this method?

DSCF0908.jpg

DSCF0911.jpg

Cheers

I know a lot of early German toy steam engines used that method and I'm pretty sure I can dig up a few vids of them.
I have been told by a collector of German engines that are very efficient and they give a much cleaner burn so leave less soot on the boiler than wick types.

Ok, could only find one of the videos I was thinking off but it shows two German vap burners of this type been lit but I couldn't find the page that had the drawing of it sorry.

Link is to a post in another forum I'm a member of.
http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/about5010.html

Latest posts

Back