Metal cutting saws

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wareagle

Reaction score
This may not really fit within the realm of our forum, but someone out there may benefit from the information. Please allow me the indulgence of this "OT" post.

DICKEYBIRD has a thread in the "Shop" forum that references cutting metal with a circular saw with a carbide tipped blade. There are actually purpose built circular saws for this application and they have the ability to cut several different materials with different blades. They can be seen here. No affiliation with the referenced site - just a google search to find some information. Never have done business with this company. Usual disclaimers, etc.

When I read through DICKEYBIRD's post, I remembered that we had actually bought and used these saws for a project several years back. We were cutting aluminum channel, and as usual time was money, so we ended up using the metal circular saws for the application. They worked very well, and we had few problems with the tool. The blade life was surprisingly long as well.

If I were cutting a lot of metal, esspecially in the field, I would certainly consider one of the saws.

Latest posts

Back