Memorial Day Concert

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It seems they seek to ban me?
That is what happens to those who do not respect others here and refuse to follow rules.
Tin

It was a buffalo soldier in the heart of America,
stolen from Africa, brought to America:

Fighting on arrival,fighting for survival.
I mean it, when I analyse the stench,
to me it make a lot of sense.
How did dreadlock rasta was buffalo soldier.

And he was taken from Africa,
brought to America.
Fighting on arrival,fighting for survival.
Say it was a buffalo soldier,dreadlock rasta.
Buffalo soldier, in the heart of America.

If you know your history,
Then you would know where you coming from,
Then you wouldnt have to ask me,
Who the heck do you think I am.

<shortened> Bob Marley

Want some quotes from Sitting Bull that your history denies Dave?

Just for the record. That is exactly what Hans was fighting , and died for, the end of slavery.

Dave

Tin Falcon said:
That is what happens to those who do not respect others here and refuse to follow rules.
Tin

Am I banned then?

Is this your version of free speech?

You are a young nation formed from the dregs we let go. You may never learn the lessons of history 'cos your history is taught from 365 channels of nothing on your TV's

All this from the nation that thinks cheese comes from an aerosol can !

Yes you are!.

"Freedom of speech" is a guarantee of the right to confront the government, not a right to say anything anywhere - especially so in private venues."

Babba said:
You are a young nation formed from the dregs we let go.

Am glad that you let go of one "Dreg" at least, who came to this side of the pond seeking a better way. My Great-Grandfather as remembered today through this small little box left me.

Robert

DCP02228.JPG

Yes I too was born of one of those dregs....350 years ago on my fathers side we came to the new world...My mothers side in 1904.

Glad your here Foozer, and thank you for your service.

Dave

The 1914 Star, British Victory medal, and the WW1 Campain medal.

Dave

steamer said:
The 1914 Star, British Victory medal, and the WW1 Campain medal.

Dave

Princess Mary Tin, this one as word passed down the family, contained some tobacco and chocolate. Today is a day to reflect. Avoid War if possible, but if one must, get the BIGGEST dam stick you can find.

Robert

To put things back into perspective my wife came across and interesting comment on face book.
this was posted by the grandfather of a soldier currently serving in Afghanistan.

"Memorial Day? I didn't even know what today was until someone mentioned it in passing. We lose track of days and weeks here. For us, it was a day that no one was hurt, one of many, but never too many of these days. I thank God for this."
Robert Kenyon

Tin

Tin Falcon said:
To put things back into perspective my wife came across and interesting comment on face book.
this was posted by the grandfather of a soldier currently serving in Afghanistan.

"Memorial Day? I didn't even know what today was until someone mentioned it in passing. We lose track of days and weeks here. For us, it was a day that no one was hurt, one of many, but never too many of these days. I thank God for this."
Robert Kenyon

Tin

An Amen to that!

Babba,

The hard won freedom's of the Western World are the results of sacrifices by a large number of ordinary men and women. You have, as a result of these sacrifices, the right to be the obnoxious, sanctimonious, ignoramus that your messages convey.

The memorial services do not glorify war or uphold anyone's foreign policy they are the best way we know how to say thankyou.

My son is the first of 4 generations who has not had to go forth and win then defend these freedoms. So I feel as if it was not all in vain.

Others here have sons and daughters who are out their defending our way of life.

Back in your box and may it soon be 6ft under.

Bob

Maryak said:
Babba,

Back in your box and may it soon be 6ft under.

Bob

Wishing a person dead is a bit harsh !
Or is freedom of speach just for mods?

Babba was banned after a decision by an admin and two mods. there are few rules here. respect for others is one. posting political rants is also a violation of forum protocol. as is not listening to,, disrespecting and arguing with staff. he is gone from this forum.
Tin

I was in a remote part of SW Louisana the other day driving on a road in a large timber company area came up on a little grass road that had a sign "Freedom Cemetery" because I love the word and meaning of FREEDOME, I went in and looked at the grave markers to find three civil war graves, two WW1, four WW2, several Korea, what a humble experience I felt with only a very small town a few miles away what a price this small town paid for our FREEDOME, what thanks we own them, those of now and those in the future, thanks to all and rest to the ones who lost the love ones, Lathe Nut

Latest posts

Back