Making miniature structural shapes C-channel, I-beams, angle

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stevehuckss396 said:
I was thinking something like 12-16 inches in length. Maybe make some blocks with 45 degree angles and have a box & pan.

Someone made note of my preference for having shoebox sized tools. I guess it shows sometimes. :)

I remember seeing somewhere what had to be the simplest brake ever. It consisted of four pieces of 3/16" or so aluminum strip maybe 3" wide. Two were left alone and two had one end milled at a 45o angle. The workpiece was clamped in one pair on the workbench with the angled piece on top and the other pair was clamped to the workpiece next to it, again with the angled piece on top. (The setback was, of course, duly noted and the upper pieces set to it.) Take the pair not clamped to the bench & fold it up and you've got a neat as you please bend. The pieces were slotted for box making I think but I'm not sure.

Which makes me wonder if I couldn't do the same thing in my more familiar scales ... :)

Best regards,

Kludge of the itty bitty world

Latest posts

Back