Making an adaptor plate for my rotatory table.

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CMS

Reaction score
Not much to brag about but thought that I would share. Decided to make an adaptor plate for the R.T. so to mount a 5c collet chuck. Took some 16mm plate I had stashed, did some cutting and some drilling and when the chuck comes in one day this week, hope the bolt hole measurments are correct.

DSCF2681.jpg

DSCF2688.jpg

DSCF2691.jpg

DSCF2694.jpg

That's a nice little hunk of plate you have cut out, there. It looks like you had to go 'round and 'round a few times!

Keep us posted.

Dean

Chuck arrived today, was thinking it would be shiny like in the picture that was on cdco machinery's web sight, but a blued finish is ok too. I do have a grip though, some of my old collets like the new chuck and some don't. Guess I'll have to work on that too. Anyhow, I'm at .0005 on the runout using a piece of .750" shaft, think that should be close enough. Next will be a 3 and 4 jaw chuck with the 5C shank.

DSCF2700.jpg

DSCF2701.jpg

If you're measuring .0005 way up there I would say that's about as close as you'll ever get it.
gbritnell

Latest posts

Back