LP air source

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony_m_baker

Reaction score
What do you use for your LP air source to run the model steam engines? How are you controlling the pressure?

What do you use for your LP air source to run the model steam engines? How are you controlling the pressure?

You control pressure with a regulator. Ideally you will also have an air cleaner on that supply and mane even an air line lubricator. Wilkerson, SMC, Parker, Festo and others are some common brand names. You can buy kits that include the pressure regulator, filter and shut of if you like. That could be looked at as being pretty elaborate

You need some sort of compressor. Most compressors have a high low switch . they turn off at the high setting and on at the low. and they should have a regulator. but in the case of a industrial compressor line pressure could be as high as 85 PSI the idea fed at high pressure and regulated to desired pressures.

That said i feed the main line into a manifold with two or three regulators though a filter water separator then to an aquarium manifold.
looks like this

EngineHouse1.jpg

Tin

Thanks, I didn't realize so much hardware wss involved. I have a compressor, so I can pick up the othe stuff.

Latest posts

Back