Les Chenery's Monosoupape

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good morning/ afternoon/ evening chaps. I have now had further monosoupape crankcase castings done, and they are ready for dispatch. To reiterate, these are for Les Chenery's 1/5th scale design. For those of you in the American contingent, the exchange rates are very much in your favour!

the only difference with this batch is that they haven't been bead blasted. The actual material grade and the quality is the same as the first ones I did; they're just shinier.

The cost of each casting is £55, I shall report on postage costs tomorrow. If I use padded envelopes instead of boxes, the weight is just under 500 grams. (That's good.)

I have kept a list of those people who have expressed interest before, and they will have priority. I shall start taking orders during the coming week, although it must be borne in mind that the UK does have upcoming postal strikes which may cause delay.

-Andrew UK
Hi
Do you have any castings available?
Dougie

Cost including postage is £54 for the UK, postage for the US was pretty shocking, and brings it, all in, to $92.60 stateside. The only way around this is if you yanks know any servicemen that are serving in the UK at present.

And now the photos! I can't for the life of me work out how to upload them (android tablet) but email me on [email protected] and I'll gladly send them. I wouldn't expect anyone to buy anything unseen. It will be noted there are virtually no fillets, and also the webs between the cylinder bosses are thinner than Les'- the patterns were made from the drawings.
Hello Andrew, are you still making the castings for Les Chenery’s 15 scale Gnome engine. I am new to this forum but would like to get one if possible.

Back