Hello from scotland

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fourstroke

Project of the Month Winner
HMEM Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Dougie Swan
Although I registered here in 2009 this is my second or third visit and my first introduction
I live in a little town called West Calder which is roughly midway between Glasgow and Edinburgh, I have been building engines on and off since the mid nineties, mostly IC but some steam along the way for a bit of a distraction
I also, along with my son David, restore vintage stationary engines. Our latest is a 1924 Kohler power light generator
If all gos according to plan there should be some pictures attached to this post of the stuff I have built
I am just about to start the construction of a hired hand engine, the casting set I bought last week from the US. Its a Breisch designed set so if anyone has any tips or advice then get in touch
The first is a seven cylinder radial of my own design, the second is an Anzani built from the Chenery castings, the next is a WW1 railway gun in 3.5" gauge and the others are a v twin steam engine that I designed, made patterns for and cast in bronze in a home made furnace
I hope they upload OK.
Anyone who wants to get in touch drop me a line
Regards
Dougie

PICT1975.jpg

PICT1976.jpg

PICT1977.jpg

PICT1978.jpg

PICT1979.jpg

PICT1980.jpg

PICT1982.jpg

PICT1431.jpg

PICT1330.jpg

PICT1333.jpg

Hi Dougie. Welcome to HMEM. That's some mighty fine craftsmanship on display there. Thanks for sharing.

Great work Dougie, it is nice to see that Scottish engineering skills are still alive and well.

Jim

Welcome Dougie it seems I'm not the only one to wait a while before introducing themselves. Your models are excellent, the detail on the railway gun carriage is impressive.

G'day Dougie,
May I also welcome you to HMEM and say what a great selection of models you have there.
I too also rather like the Rail Gun, did you make plans as you went ?
Cheers.

Thanks for the comments guys, they mean a lot when I look at the standard of work I see on here
The railway gun was a project that took 3 1/2 years to complete, I did start to make drawings, I still have the basics somewhere but the drawing was keeping me out of the workshop. I got a general arrangement drawing from the Imperial War Museum which was dimensioned so I scaled it from that
It has a working interrupted screw breech, it traverses 360 and elevates just like the original
If anybody is interested I can post more pics, but its not an engine
Let me know
Dougie

Latest posts

Back