Learners Project - Simple Grinding Rest

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi James

Not seeing anything in your last posting either in Windows7 or my Mac.

My thoughts are about what can be deduced suggest that you will be frustrated with the nuts and bolts clamping which could be improved.

Meantime

Regards

Norman

One of the recommendations has been to source two of those switched magnetic bases and use them to clan things down. That's still an option. Just rather expensive. It will cost me close to $80NZD to source the two holders I will need. Where as a selection of holes with threaded inserts can be done for about $5. Guess I will try the hole model and see how things go from there. I had been thinking of a pattern of holes and making milling table style clamps as a way of getting more flexibility. Use wing nuts for easier lock/unlocking.

Cheers,
J.

I once lived in the dread of having to make a million - or so it seemed, ball handles for a Quorn. Today, there are the two types of Adjustable Handles which I got with the Acute Tool grinder kit of parts. What a nice and simple alternative to bloody nuts and bolts and making ball handles.

Again, I live in that dreadful Never Never Land swapping between Metric and Imperial tooling. Penance for my many sins!

Cheers

Norman

Tried a different way to get the links to the google photos. Hopefully that improves things.

Well its all drilled and bolted to the top now. It basically looks the same as the dry fitting pics I have already posted so I won't do another pic as the delta is just some bolts into wood.

So this is it. Done. I hope its been of a little interest for a few people.

I have some of the accessories to do next. various holders for square and round stock, the end mill sharpener and anything else that I end up determining is needed. As I complete those holders over the coming months I'll post a pic of them.

Cheers,
James.

Latest posts

Back