Jack's Knucklehead Plans Feedback Wanted

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jack
First off thanks for the free plans, way cool for you to share plans for free.i liked them so much I have started making the engine. So far so good I have done cylinders except for finish honing of cylinder bore crank is also complete working on outer rod now.
Attached a couple of photos
Thanks again I am really enjoying the project
SteveView attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1436326638.774809.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1436326657.391349.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByModel Engines1436326672.475654.jpg

I've also downloaded the plans, and would love to see a build log on this motor

Hint hint;);)

Hi Jack
First off thanks for the free plans, way cool for you to share plans for free.i liked them so much I have started making the engine. So far so good I have done cylinders except for finish honing of cylinder bore crank is also complete working on outer rod now.
Attached a couple of photos
Thanks again I am really enjoying the project
SteveView attachment 77762View attachment 77763View attachment 77764
Hi Driller
You are welcome, I'm jealous, as I had to stop on all my fun to earn some money for them. I also have aquired a 3d printer, and learning to print precision parts, to print my engine in ABS plastic. the work that I see looks top notch work. (Awesome) When winter comes I hope to start again. I have so many projects. Sample of Crank Print.
Jack
Draw-Tech

Attachments

• DSCN0907.jpg
    DSCN0907.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 727
Jack
Thanks Jack I didn't answer the question you were asking, I would certainly would have payed for plans 20 bucks would be a bargain price! I like that the materials list and part numbers and sources for parts are included
Steve

Jack
I do not see the valve guide details or the valve spring retainers, I'm sure I can fiqure them out but I thought I should mention it to you. I have started machining on heads and having a blast.
Thanks Steve

Jack
I do not see the valve guide details or the valve spring retainers, I'm sure I can fiqure them out but I thought I should mention it to you. I have started machining on heads and having a blast.
Thanks Steve
Hi Driller
Thought they were there. ???
Anyway here they are. Can't wait to see it, keep having fun.
Jack
Draw-Tech

Valve_Guide_Spring_Retainers.jpg

View attachment Valve_Guide_Spring_Retainers.pdf

Hey Jack
Minor mistake on plans, the cylinder to crankcase mounting studs on plans call for 10-24 but the parts list calls out 8-32 which is what they should be. I had already drilled and tapped crankcase for the 10-24 before I noticed the error so I will make studs with both threads. Everything else is just awesome thanks

Back