Introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CherokeeJ

Reaction score
Good morning and hello to all. I apologize for being remiss in posting before introducing myself.

The name's James. Retired/disabled machinist/mechanic, thirty years in the component room of the SCVTA in Kalifornia, the last 17 as designated "fabricator," whatever that means. If it goes in a transit coach, you can bet I've built several. Cut my teeth rebuilding Detroit 6V71's and Mopar 440's. Destroyed my back moving a tool box a couple of years ago. I don't recommend it.

Advanced participant in the high power and amateur rocketry circles. Member of the NAR L3CC, former Launch Director for AeroPac, and very active in the ARLISS program. Lately, been fabricating bulkheads and tailcones for various large model rockets. Tons of fun, and very rewarding. I've also built a few telescopes. Astronomy is fun, too.

Found this forum. Now I have another reason to be in the shop. Guess I'm not happy unless I'm making something. Already started work on a steam engine. Learning a lot here. Like how to drill very tiny holes in very small round stock. (Lot easier if the stock is the size of your thumb, and you can actually see the drill bit.) Doh!

Everyone enjoy, and stay safe. Looking forward to learning a lot more here. :)

James

Welcome, James. Looking forward to seeing some of your projects.
Dennis

A hearty welcome James. Enjoy your time here and jump right in.

Bill

James,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome aboard! Rember.... th_wwp

Regards,
Chazz

Welcome to HMEM James.

Rick

Hi James,
440 Mopar! real power. they are a rare find in Australia, very sought after.
We know them as the 440 Magnum from the American version of the Dodge Charger, is this correct? ???

rcfreak177 said:
Hi James,
440 Mopar! real power. they are a rare find in Australia, very sought after.
We know them as the 440 Magnum from the American version of the Dodge Charger, is this correct? ???

Yes, that's the one. The first 440 I ever rebuilt was in a 1970 Challenger R/T. Young dumb kid turning 10 second quarters in a N/A gas powered street car. Friday Grudge Night at Fremont Drag Strip. Those were the days. :D

Then came the transit coaches with the converted 440's burning LPG. They ran a little on the hot side. That didn't last long. :eek:

Thank you to all for the warm welcomes. I've already learned volumes here, and am looking forward to learning a lot more.

James

Latest posts

Back