Introduction

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello to all,

I just found this forum some days ago and I was surprised about its big amount of members.

Some things about me:
Since I was a child, I was interested in steam locomotives and steam engines.
At the age of about 17, I started thinking about the principles of valve gear design, but it still took many years until I was able to make the first realistic mathematical calculations myself. First with self made VBA functions using Excel, later on within an online program using PHP and Javascript.
Meanwhile, some users already have built very well running locomotives using my program. I also already have calculated the valve gears of 3 similar narrow gauge (600mm) locomotives of a small locomotive manufacturer myself.

Materially, I have made some Experience with a self developed feed water steam pump including its new valve logic (for narrow gauge locos and for gauge IIm locos), and developed a new principle of a non-electric rpm control. Other innovations are still in "to be checked" status at the moment (and most of them will still be for the next time). If there will be something to tell to the public in the next months or years, I hope to remember this forum ;-)

I am glad to have found this forum and will continue learning from your experience.

Greetings
Stephan

Welcome to the forum Stephan, ;D dont be shy and jump right in. ;)

Latest posts

Back