Interesting find...

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

b.lindsey

Project of the Month Winner!!!
Project of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Nope....not a new tool or flea market find or anything like that...something right here on the HMEM site. Looking down the left hand column of the home page, I always look at the 10 most recent posts, often check to see who the latest new member is, check for any new PM's, and so on...just never realized after 4 years of hanging around here that if you click on the "Stats" heading itself (down towards the bottom) that a whole page of interesting information pops up including most read and most replied to threads, all sorts of statistics, and and a summary of activity by months since the site was begun. Not something i will look at daily by any means, but interesting none the less. Maybe I am the only one of almost 11,000 members that didn't know this, but if there is anyone else, give it a look sometime. If nothing else it certainly affirms how diverse and vibrant HMEM continues to be!!! Thanks to Rick and all the mods for all their efforts, and to the members who keep the lively and useful content coming!!!

Bill

That is sweet!!
Very interesting going through all the sections!

We need some more female machinists on the site!!!
Almost 73 to 1!!! ???

I see i also made it into the "Top Topic Starters" league!!!
Too many questions from a noob!!! :big:

I have often looked at the stats but never clicked on the link!
A whole new world of info!

Great work everyone!!!
and thanks to Rake for posting the most!!! ;D

Andrew

Not sure how long HMEM has been going but to have 11000 members is something of an achievement..

Just to compare, I am an Admin over on a famed R/C model flying forum here in th UK, we have been going for over 12 years, I'm member number 4.

We have 12500 members posting 711,000 comments in 42500 topics that have been started.

I think congrats to the Admin Team and site owners for an excellent forum where we can share ideas and seek advice.

Thanks guys..You know who you are even if I dont. :)

lazylathe said:
Great work everyone!!!
and thanks to Rake for posting the most!!! ;D

Andrew

Yeah I know, I type too much! :hDe:

I have access to better stats than those.

For instance, where our traffic is coming from.
This is from the February report.

FebStatsbyCountry.jpg

US Educational is #9, that's kind of cool!

US Military is #16, I don't know if that's cool or not! :D

Rick

Rick,

US military does not surprise me.

A few moons ago, when I was at full pitch and making engines, I was approached by one of the US security agencies to make them a turbine just like I had shown on here. So they must have either picked it up off here or u-tube.

They must employ people just to keep an eye on what we get up to.

John

Re: Military hits

You have a bunch of young people, extra time on their hands, and full machine shop/maintenance facilities. ;D
I seem to recall an influx of new designs right after WWII from just the same circumstances.

Interesting. I'm glad I didn't miss this discussion.

Rick, How do the numbers of members for each of the locations in the traffic report compare to the amount of traffic from those areas -- Just curious.

It would be more cool if US educational were higher: How interested are educational professionals and students in metalworking and engineering?

Bogstandard: Your comments made me remember the old movie where Robert Redford was employed by a security agency to read mystery novels to see if there was anything they could use and he got sucked into a real adventure. I think it was "Three Days of the Condor."

Thanks for the diversion, guys.

--ShopShoe

Bogstandard said:
Rick,

US military does not surprise me.

A few moons ago, when I was at full pitch and making engines, I was approached by one of the US security agencies to make them a turbine just like I had shown on here. So they must have either picked it up off here or u-tube.

They must employ people just to keep an eye on what we get up to.

Hi
John
Have you a link to the turbine post
I have played with turbines a bit my self
John

John

Back