Imbedded Pictures question

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

idahoan

Reaction score
HI all,

I seem to be having trouble getting my imbedded pictures to work; on the old forum I used code like this and it worked fine.

URL]

But now it won't show the picture when I (Preview Post) what am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi,

I wasn't a member before the recent change, so I don't know how it used to be done, but now in the post/reply box there is an icon in the toolbar that looks like a postcard with mountains on it. If you click that icon (insert image it's called) it will prompt you to enter the url of the image (eg. http://zzzabc, etc). I just did it using your url and here is the picture in all it's glory.

Hope this helps.
2657615330053545466S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks Al

This works of if you remove the HTML tags from the ends of the link; but I would like to be able to have multiple pictures with text in between them.
What I used to do was compose everything in Word (links and all) them paste it into the editor window of the forum.

I know it can be done (pictures with text in between) because I see other members doing it.

Suggestions anyone?

Thanks Dave

The only difference I see is that when I insert pics the code comes out with caps:

"
"

I just use the picture button and paste in the link, but what you are doing should work as well.

Hi Brian

If I use the add picture icon it will not work with the HTML tags; it will work with out the tags but the picture fills up the editor window. If I add multiple pictures using the add picture icon they all run together with no space between.

It can't be that hard; I'm just missing something.

Dave

I know it can be done (pictures with text in between) because I see other members doing it.

I can't help with composing in Word, but I've just posted with pictures and text in between using this method. See http://www.homemodelenginemachinist.com/f26/hm45-help-needed-18820/#post194712

What I did was type in some text, hit return to go down a line or two, then type more text. Then at any time just click where I wanted the images to go and add them 1 at a time. Sometimes the scroll buttons get a little quirky (like you have to click them twice for 1 move) but the only time I have an issue is trying to get text after the last picture, if I've forgotten to add it before the pic.

Good luck!

Thanks Al,

I will give this a try; although I think is did try this last night but I will give it another go. The main reason I started using Word to compose was because the old forum software also had scrolling issues (at least for me). If you ended up with more than one page the scrolling got real quirky.

Dave

Back