i need a good begginer projects any good ideas

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi litoweapon619

Welcome to HMEM. I see that you have joined the forum several month ago so I imagine that you have probably looked around several times since then. What type of machines or equipment do you have or have access to? This will partially decide what type of project might be good for a first project. Also, what are you most interested in? Tell us a bit about yourself and your wants/needs and I am sure that we will be able to suggest some good beginner projects that will fit your needs.

Ask any questions that you may have as their is always someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. We look forward to your participation in the forums. :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Hi
Depends what eqipment you have but a Stuart 10V can be built with a lathe and small drill press .

i got a mini lathe to a big la blond lathe Haas VF2 to lagoon mills thank for all responses

thanks

Hi,

As a beginner myself I can tall you what I have done, all are well documented on this very forum by others.

Firstly is HMEM's very own Ez-Engine, and it is that a really nice first engine to build. Plans are available in both metric and imperial so that makes it nice and easy, so no worrying about conversion on your first build.

My second build was the EJS double acting wobbler, a really nice little engine that is technically no harder to build than the Ez.

Both could be completed without the need for a mill, only a lathe really required, though a drill press would be nice. Another good site to look for inspiration is http://start-model-engineering.co.uk/my-engines/ it contains a nice little pictorial of loads of different engines, including the EJS from above.

If I would say that I have learnt any one thing from my builds its that you will be surprised what you can achieve.

Go for it.

Latest posts

Back