I know there is an engine part in here!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twmaster

Reaction score
I was reducing an old stereo receiver to scrap and other bits earlier this week so it could be discarded easily. Inside I found this flywheel. It's the flywheel for the tuner knob. This receiver was so old it still had a manual knob with a string that both pulled the tuning dial indicator around as well as the tuner it's self.

I'm looking at this and thinking this has got to become part of an engine.... I think I've got a pack rat gene....

fly.jpg

fly2.jpg

Twmaster said:
This receiver was so old it still had a manual knob with a string that both pulled the tuning dial indicator around as well as the tuner it's self.

So, it was a good one, then!

I think there is a part in there too. At least a big fat flywheel, if nothing else. Turn it and face it pretty, cut the middle out of it, make a nice center hub, and shrink the flywheel rim over it.

What is it's composition?

How about the shaft? Is it brass?

Dean

Dean,

No idea what the composition of th ewheel is. Although it looks like 'pot metal' but feels too heavy for that. The shaft is brass and about .25" in diameter.

Yup, it was from a good tuner from about 1975. It died about 15 years ago. I cannot imagine why I dragged that through two moves in the 15 years...

Back