I have a question gentlemen

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good point! QCTP is something I've been meaning to do for ages but would buy at the right price as then I could get on with making models instead of worrying about making tools.

Sorry for OT Dave but just noticed your user name being an MG fan ... do you have an rv8?!

Nick

mgbrv8 said:
I sure like these ideas. This is why I love machining, it makes one think outside of the box. We are truly few and far between. This is why I want to nurture this mindset with my nephew. Keep them coming gentlemen.

Dave

You are doing him a big service, you keep that up. I wish someone would have done that with me at his age. I was out drinking, smoking dope and screwing every slut in town at his age.

He has a bright future with the skills you teach him now, he can be the cool kid that's smart, has a JOB, money and nice wheels and he wont have to chase girls, they will chase him. :) if they dont now.

[quote Sorry for OT Dave but just noticed your user name being an MG fan ... do you have an rv8?!

Nick
[/quote]

Yes I have three MGBs a 61, 68 and a 77. The RV8 comes from the V8 conversion i am doing on the 77. I am doing a LS1 v8 with a tremec t56 6speed and a C4 corvette IRS and a c4 corvette front suspension conversion.

Dave

Very nice. Always wanted a V8! My dad has had 3 B's too, 2 chrome bumber, 1 rubber, can't remember the years. I've had a midget 1500 and my sister had an AH sprite mk4. I've also had an MGF vvc, MGZS 180 and my dad still has an MGVA ! There is something about them!

Dave,

Firstly, great credit to your nephew for his attitude.

How about little things you might find around the house , belt buckles,
buttons, light cord pulls, paperweights, coasters, cutlery , nail files, clasps maybe doorstops. Maybe mobile phone stands. Then think how to make them a bit special/different. I would guess could sell ok at craft shows.

Mike

The common item concept is a two edged sword. On one hand a large market base. but on the other hand people are so used to cheap mass produced common item it could be hard. to get them to pay for a well crafted one. An in some cases market saturation if someone already has two or three widgets. I ran into that some with pen and pencil sets some folks thought my price was low or fair other stated they only buy bics for a couple bucks a dozen.
Tin

mgbrv8 said:
[quote Sorry for OT Dave but just noticed your user name being an MG fan ... do you have an rv8?!

Nick

Yes I have three MGBs a 61, 68 and a 77. The RV8 comes from the V8 conversion i am doing on the 77. I am doing a LS1 v8 with a tremec t56 6speed and a C4 corvette IRS and a c4 corvette front suspension conversion.

Dave

Lets go racin. I've got a Northstar Fiero. Killer in a sraight line. Workin on the suspension now.

Latest posts

Back