I did a BAAAAAD thing!

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YUP,

That would work, but to bring that in, something else has to go.

I built a roll around bench that I use for my grinding station. It's crude but works.

If I brought that in, the roll around bench would have to go.

Then I would have to find a place for my grinders. Additionally, the bench would have to have the casters put on so that I can get things in through the garage door...around the lathe.

The plus side is one side of my custom made 10' Oak fixed bench would be spared "lathe" duty....and an unsightly 4 1/2" extension.

Well

I could put the Gorton 265 next to the arbor press... It would be more accessable there anyway.
I could put the Baldor grinder in behind the drill press on the main bench
The H/V bandsaw is on a low roll around cart and can go in the foot well of the bench.
The 14" delta saw can takes it's place....next to the Logan...which by virtue of sheer weight...stays where she is ;D

That leaves my 8" bench grinder, which is for rudimentary hack work...like axes...to find a home somewhere....I can deal with that

The stuff in the roll around will need a home but I think I can toss a bit of it anyway

Take the 500lb casters off and put them on the new bench
Mount the lathe on top
One of the draws for chucks and collets
Stow what I want to keep from the clearance.

Sell the 4" jointer hiding in the corner
Get rid of a bunch of scrap. I made a good penny the last time I did that....got some room from it to boot!

Oh My what have I done..... ::)

OK first things first.....is this thing a T**&% or is it worth doing this over....... ;D

Dave

OK
Checked it out tonight. I wiped the bed ways with a rag....all the frosting is still there!

Never been crashed.

Large dials

CREAMPUFF!

;D

Time to buy a bench! woohoo1

Dave

Latest posts

Back