Howdy !

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevemac

Reaction score
I'm a new guy, in more ways than one. In a previous life, I was a pipefitter/welder for 35 years. Worked all over the continental US , but home is in Salt Lake City, or just a short drive from there anyway.

I've always been fascinated by miniature engines and machine work in general, but never had time nor a place to try my hand. I retired a bit early last Sept. and now find myself reading through the engine builds found here and am delighted. Incredible workmanship found here and seems like a great bunch of folks.

I bought a set of plans from Bill Lindsey, but it will most likely take a while for me to get much done in that direction as the weather is starting to break and I have a shop to build. I've got the slab poured and conduit for power run, but lots of work to do. I'm doing as much of the work as I figure I can do and still not have things fall down around my ears.

I will mostly be reading and learning, but I wanted to say howdy all and to say thank you very much to those folks who take the time and make the effort to post here and share their knowledge. We live in amazing times, this kind of resource is priceless.

best regards to all

steve mackelprang

Steve,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Welcome Steve. wEc1 Hope you'll keep us up to date on your progress. We like pictures.

Regards,
Rudy

Welcome to the forum Steve.
Pics of the shop being put together will be nice.

Glad you've joined us, Steve. We're looking forward to seeing your first build. I'm sure with 35 years as a welder/pipe fitter you'll be able to give as much as you get.
Dennis

Welcome to HMEM Steve.

Rick

Steve,

Welcome aboard.

wEc1

We like to see pictures of what you are building, including your shop.

th_wwp

Regards,

SAM

Latest posts

Back