Howdy from Sacramento, CA

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robotguy

Reaction score
I just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I am Jeff (AKA Robotguy) and have now logged over 10 hours looking through the forums at all of the amazing projects. I am planning to build a small electric "engine" with a magnet and coil "piston" and a brass flywheel. I have had my CNC converted HF micro-mill (Seig X1) for several years but I haven't used it a whole lot, and I've pretty much made things up as I went, so I am definitely a big newb. I also have a small Taig lathe that I picked up on Ebay about a year ago. Again, I'm not very good with it.

hey welcome im not far from u just a few hrs in fresno haha every now and then i go up there to vista my brother.

Good to see someone else from the local area on here. You live down in the Flatlander area, right? :)

If you find a good metal scrapyard in these parts, let us know. The only thing I've found is Blue Collar Supply on Power Inn.

Welcome Jeff,
Jump right in and join the fun...sometimes experience is the best teacher.

Regards,
Bill

Welcome Jeff,
I am from West Sacramento.
TroutSqueezer,
There must be something better than the "Junkyard Dogs" at Blue Collar! ???
On Florin-Perkins.
Regards,
Giovanni

sunworksco said:
Welcome Jeff,
I am from West Sacramento.
TroutSqueezer,
On Florin-Perkins.
Regards,
Giovanni

I would have thought so too but alas, haven't found it yet. You're right, it's on Florin-Perkins, parallel to Power Inn.

Thanks for the welcome, all!

sunworksco said:
Troutsqueezer said:
I would have thought so too but alas, haven't found it yet.

I don't know about better, but Metal Craft Warehouse is a lot closer to me. [ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=1806+ENTERPRISE+BLVD.+WEST+SACRAMENTO,+CA+95691&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=65.645551,135.263672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=1806+Enterprise+Blvd,+West+Sacramento,+Yolo,+California+95691&ll=38.569274,-121.576316&spn=0.016173,0.033023&t=h&z=16]Off of I80 just before you get on the causeway toward Davis.[/ame] I just paid $6+ per pound for scrap brass, but it's a 5 minute drive and they are really friendly.

I shop there too but did not know they sold scrap.
Regards,
Giovanni

Latest posts

Back