How loud are 7x12 mini lathes?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't bother about it, just turn the TV up.

People will accept loud TV's more than they will machine tools. With a TV you are normal, with a lathe you are a freak :D

People will accept loud TV's more than they will machine tools. With a TV you are normal, with a lathe you are a freak :D

hahaha agreed hahahahahahahaha

Now a days build anything yourself and you are a freak.

I'm getting ready to purchase my first lathe (probably a Horror Fright 7x12), and something just occurred to me: I live in an apartment. Am I going to bother my neighbors by running a mini lathe on a wall that's opposite and ~15 feet from the one I share with them?

What kind of work are you wanting to do with a lathe? Are you going to be purchasing a mill as well?

Jim

What kind of work are you wanting to do with a lathe? Are you going to be purchasing a mill as well?

Jim

Primarily I'll be making small engines, though I'll probably start with much more simple stuff. It would also be really useful to be able to make any odd bolt or nut that I need. A mill is a planned future addition, but for now I have a drill press with an X-Y vise.

Latest posts

Back