hi

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krymis

Reaction score
hellow all. i do not make engines or anything but i joined to use and contribute to the machining and cnc information. I currently have an old model Industrial hobbies cnc mill (retrofit by arron the old owner), x2 cnc mill (hoss conversion done by me), and a 7x14 cnc lathe (stirling retrofit done by me). I build custom motorcycles.

I came across your site about 1 year ago and decided i can use and be of use to the group so no more lurking.

krymis

Welcome to HMEM krymis. Glad that you joined up and posted. I see that you have a bit of equipment so you have a good start in that department. If you have any questions just ask as there is always someone around to answer or at least give an opinion. :bow:

Cheers :)

Don

Hi Krimis & wEc1

Regards from Sunny Spain
Gordy

welcome . we would love to see photos of your cnc projects the machines and the parts you make.
I did a steele plan X-2 conversion and did my own conversion on a small lathe . have not really used them much need some encouragement in the programing making chips end of things.
read browse enjoy. Find some simple plans for an engine you like and build one man . Jump in the water is great. comfortably warm and usually calm. only salty on occasion.
Tin

Krimis,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

thanks for the warm welcome gents. As for the making engines i may do it a little later. I have done a few x2 and c2 cnc conversions and never realized how much stuff i was missing when it came to tramming.
I got a few toys i can show
jd2 bender
DSCN1118.jpg

english wheel shrinker and planishing hammer 4x6 bandsaw
hpim0905.jpg

3 frame jigs
DSCF0029.jpg

miller sycrowave 180 tig,lincoln promig 135 victor oxy fuel set up with torch, rosebud and brazing tips.
I used to have a haas super mini and tl1 toolroom lathe but now i just do this as a hobby..
c_1.jpg

screencapture.jpg

0823100635.jpg

0129000639.jpg

DSCN1898.jpg

DSCN1879.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

DSCN0674.jpg

DSCN0852.jpg

DSCN0856.jpg

DSCN0848.jpg

some jigs an stuff for the cnc frame parts
DSCN1082.jpg

0129000638.jpg

and to wrap it all up i use bobcadcam v21 and v23 and mach3 for my retrofits.
On a side note if anybody likes cigars, motorcycles, pittsburgh steelers, and body modifications i am available to talk lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9UPRI68Xz0[/ame]
last one of me trying to break the metal gears spindle bearings or something...and it lasted.

You don't usually see the X2 mill used in a sideways position like that. :big:

I'm a bit surprised with all those nice steppers motors n' stuff you haven't gone with the belt drive setup yet.

Back