Hi from Perth, Western Australia

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dugg_Bobcat

Reaction score
Hi all on the HMEM forum.

just joined up and am busy absorbing all the great info on the site.

I am a Fitter and Machinist by trade but am slowly drifting away from my beloved trade due to work re-alignments.

I have a love of engines ... mainly ones that eat hydrocarbons and make lots of noise. So I thought I might combine my 2 loves and try building a few model engines before I lose my touch on the machine tools.

I'll jump onto another more appropriate area and post a question I have regarding buying small quantities of free machining cold rolled steel.

Dugg

Hi all on the HMEM forum.

just joined up and am busy absorbing all the great info on the site.

I am a Fitter and Machinist by trade but am slowly drifting away from my beloved trade due to work re-alignments.

I have a love of engines ... mainly ones that eat hydrocarbons and make lots of noise. So I thought I might combine my 2 loves and try building a few model engines before I lose my touch on the machine tools.

I'll jump onto another more appropriate area and post a question I have regarding buying small quantities of free machining cold rolled steel.

Dugg

Hello, welcome to HMEM. Stop by South Bend 8K photos and say hi sometime

G'day Dugg and welcome from Adelaide

G'day Dugg from another Perth member, (Kelmscott)

I hear what you are saying, I'm a fitter and machinist by trade too but moved away from the trade around 10 years ago into the blast hole drill fitting field. With Atlas Copco these days as product support.

Still love jumping behind a lathe or mill in my shed whenever the chance arises.

Welcome to the forum mate.
Plenty of knowledge and great people here from all area's of the globe, always willing to help out or throw around idea's.
Looking forward to future projects. There are quite a few Perth guys here now.

Baz.

GDay Dugg good to see another from Perth also ,,mate you be interested in a V8 engine build?I will send you a pm if you like..

G'day Dugg, welcome from the other side of the country

Jim

This is a somewhat delayed answer to small quantities of metal stock. Here in the states I use "Online Metals". Not sure if there's a Aus. branch?
Anyway welcome
mikbul

If you'd like to see my review of the new SB1001 it's under "South Bend 8K Photos" 38,000 views- 310 replies

Practical Machinist under "New SB1001" 43,000 views-582 replies

Latest posts

Back