Hi from North Iowa

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

KevinL

Had some time to do a little surfing tonight and ran across this site. I'm a Tool & Die instructor at a community college and getting ready for a new group here in two weeks.

Guess that I'm lucky as we continue to be full in our numbers and not shutting programs down like so many across the country. We get so many calls from employers because not many are teaching the trade any more.

I enjoy the model engines and wish that I had more time to work on them myself. Oh well getting to be steam engine time around these parts so I'll going to shows on the weekends.

If you would like to have a look at our shop, please feel free to visit my blog at
http://losee-machinetool.blogspot.com/

Be talking to you all later. Kevin

Kevin...

Welcome to the club. As a tool and die instructor I am sure you will be able to have some input on some of the machining questions that run around here.

I wouldn't mind getting into a class like that. I am very sick of I.T.

You got an engine in the works?

Eric

Hmm, we seem to be awash with Kevins all of a sudden ;)

Kevin, welcome aboard from another Kevin.

Well Brass_Machine I have been in the process of building Jerry Howell's Miser engine. Building 10 of them for Christmas presents and the such. Have all the big parts done and its time to start on the real small ones. Would like to build a display with different engines in it for a WOW factor for kids coming to look at our program.

Latest posts

Back