Hi from new member

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

leop

Hi everyone,

My name is Leo and I just found and joined your forum.

I have been very impressed with all the projects here. I have seen some really fun stuff.

I’ll be looking to build steam turbines, hopefully a multistage impulse-reaction like the parsons. Well much simpler then his, but multistage. BTW, any suggestions would be appreciated. I have read a few of the 1900’s books on turbines so I finally understand the math. Now comes the hard part of applying all that math and actually building one. Well fun and hard I hope.

I don’t have my own shop, but I rent out CNC Mills and Lathes when I need to machine something. We have a monthly membership shop near my home.

I have built a few steam engines, so I am not a total newbie.

Thanks for letting me join the forum

Sincerely,

Leo

Leo,

Welcome to our forum.
icon_welcome.gif

Best Regards
Bob

Hi Leo
welcome on board...
Best Regards
Paolo

Hi Leo,

Glad you've joined the forum. Look forward to sharing ideas and seeing your projects.

Chuck

Welcome. Tell us where you're from., what you do/did for a living, etc.

And, show us some pics of your machines, your shop, your engines!

Since you asked Here are some pictures of my latest project.

The first picture is a pair of solar boilers I built. They auto track the sun and drain in freezing weather and some other stuff.

Second picture is the engine that is driven by the solar boilers.

There is also a skimmer for the hot tank and some other misc stuff that i bult but i don't have pics of that stuff.

019.JPG

G'day Leo

I like the parabolics eh

we must chat sometime
welcome !

jack

howdy hey and welcome :). id like to see more pics of that engine if you would please.
looks interesting. is it driving a alternator of some sort. :)

Latest posts

Back