HI from New England

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grambo

Reaction score
Hello All,
This is my first on-line group and my my first post. I'm a long time RC pilot and general hobbyist. Electrical Engineer by trade. I have been playing with metal for a number of years. I have a 9" lathe, a small Atlas mill. I just acquired a Millrite Mill from a true fire sale. The guy's barn burn't down. I'll post pics after the rebuild. Well, I'm going BIG>>:eek:. I want to build a 2x Whittle V8 and put on the front of a Giant scale P-51D Mustang. (i'm building it too). here's my first valve. I now only have 504 parts to go. :wall:..........Grambo.

millrite.jpg

whittle 2x valve.jpg

I don't know if you know about it but there is a US Burke milling machine Yahoo group which you might want to look into. All sorts of folks who have done rebuilds of their various Burke machines including MVN and MVI etc.

Paul

Welcome to the forum Grambo. That mill should scrub up with some tlc

Hi Ron,
I'm in Dracut MA. It's between Lowell and Lawrence, North of Boston

I know Dracut. You should check out the NEMES group. They meet monthly in Waltham and have an annual show. Its a great bunch of guys that do some very interesting things. I dont get to meetings now that I live in Maine, but I still keep in touch, and always go to the show.

Latest posts

Back