Hi from Jersey - The original one, not the 'New' one :-)

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El$syd

Reaction score
Hi -

First off - Thanks for an excellent forum.
Rather than 'lurking' here is a little introduction on myself.
Started metal working when I was given a mini lathe (last year) and then bought a Denford TRIAC CNC milling machine. Thoroughly enjoying finding out and trying to make things. It looks much easier than it actually is, especially when seeing videos by Mr Rodrigues et al. They make it look so effortless and matter of fact. The biggest problem I have faced and still face is work holding - the forces the mill creates are unbelievable. So far I have built a bike frame straightener for my son and am trying to get to build a coffee cup Stirling engine from plans by Mr Ridders. The glass cylinder is proving a difficult thing to make or acquire, but Mr Ridders has supplied a useful way of cutting the cylinder which I will be trying.

Look forward to participate more with the forum.
best wishes.

Welcome to the forum El$syd.
Looking forward to seeing your project and pics.
There's a bunch of great help here.

I always wondered what ever became of the 'original' Jersey and now we know :big:

Welcome 'Syd wEc1. Post up some pictures of any of your efforts, or, for that matter any machines you may be operating, we'd love to see them. CNC has come a long way since it was first introduced, not my cup of tea (I'm old fashioned) but I do appreciate it for all of its abilities.

BC1
Jim

welcome sounds like you are of to a good start I too have a9" SB a shaper as well as small chinese mill and lathe.
i amd from the New Jersey.
Tin

El$syd,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

El$syd said:
The glass cylinder is proving a difficult thing to make or acquire, but Mr Ridders has supplied a useful way of cutting the cylinder which I will be trying.

Welcome to the forum.

While it is not as cool as a see through glass cylinder, you can make it out of thin wall PVC sewer / drain pipe. I just used the coupling that joins two pipe sections so I would not have to buy an entire length of pipe. Had to change some of the dimensions, but it still worked and it was something I could buy at the local hardware store. That engine takes some close tolerances. You need it to be as leak free as possible and as little friction as possible to work well.

Latest posts

Back