Hi from Durham UK

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

george356

Reaction score
Hi guys - Durham UK here.

New to home engineering - did GCE's in Metalwork & Engineering Drawing in the mid '60s, but never really used it to make Model Engines - I have concentrated on restoring classic cars, and acquired my mill
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AMA16V-Millin...tem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item53de904fe3
http://www.warco.co.uk/productimages/pictures/ThMain_633967315881050483_3200-(2076-2445).jpg
and my lathe so that I can make hard to get parts.

I now want to get into model engines, and have started building Elmers #43.

George

Hi George,

Welcome to the collective..Pull up a chair and enjoy

Nice mill and lathe btw...

Got any pictures to show us of your work?

Thanks for the welcome, John.

All the bits I have made are fitted to my classic cars, currently restoring a 1958 Standard 10 & a 1959 100E Anglia.

I have made the first couple of parts for the Elmer #43, but not photographed them yet.

George

Hi George, welcome to the forum.

Chuck

Thanks, Zee (Carl )
I hope to someday achieve 10% of what you guys do here.

G

ETA thanks Chuck

Hi marra, Nice to see somebody from gods county new here myself no longer live in yakka land had to join the monkey hangers sad story. But the people here seem friendly good luck with the angle box and your Elmer build but be warned steam is addictive:big:
regards Frazer.

Wotcher Fraz- whats it like living in the 'pool?

Just outside the City of D here - done loads of stuff for the classics, but having probs working to model tolerances ;D

G

George,

Welcome to our forum. wEc1

Best Regards
Bob

Hi George its not to bad here the natives are friendly although a divnt na what they're saying . Keep at it the only person who hasn't made mistakes is the one who's don nowt.Are you planning to visit Harrogate show there will be some nice kit on show.I used to rebuilt classics but have sold up the cars and only kept a couple of bikes
regards Frazer

welcome to HMEM george from the manchester wythenshawe sector
so far your the only one ive seen within a 100 mile radius of where i am hope you enjoy this site as much as i do and watch out the guys on here are amazeing teachers youll learn at an alarming rate if you just ask them
wishing you good luck in the anglia restoration and the elmer build but once you get going on the engine build like i did it took over and the cortina i was rebuilding took a kick to the back burner for a while
reguards john

John,

You are not alone, there are a couple of us over in Crewe, about a 30 - 40 minute drive away from yourself, and you will be made very welcome if you feel the urge to get in physical contact.

Bogs

Welcome George.

Physical contact Boggy - you offering to arm rassle 'im?

Welcome to the forum George, you will find a friendly bunch here!

Bill

Hi George,

I live in Newton Aycliffe just south of you! Welcome to forum, sure you'll enjoy it here as well as find it useful. I got my milling machine from Amadeal too.

Cheers,

Nick

Welcome to a great site from Mark in Gateshead, going to Harrogate show?

Hi Guys - what a welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Yes I am going to Harrogate on Friday - with my wife and my next door neighbour who is a techie for the UNI - in the Physics Deep Space section - he works to 1 micron tolerance at work, and shudders when I eyeball stuff for the classics ;D

There are loads of guys local to me on here - Aycliffe, Gateshead, the 'pool! wow

George

Hi George and I thought I was the only one daft enough to stand in a freezing garage looks like theres a few of us.Going to Harrogate on Friday to do yearly spend she doesn't let me out very often well that is unsupervised.
regards Frazer

Back