Help me identify this belt?

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radfordc

Reaction score
I bought a belt drive for my mini-mill several years ago and this is the belt that it uses. The belt is clearly marked "Gates 110". However, the only belt that I can find in the Gates catalog is the TruFlex 0110 that is described as being 1/4" x 1/8" with a circumference of 11". My belt is 11" circ., but is much narrower. Mine is less than 1/8" wide and about 3/32" thick.

Any idea of what this is and where to get a new one?

belt.jpg

What is the make and model number of your mill?

Rick

rake60 said:
What is the make and model number of your mill?

Rick

Cummins 7877 Mini Mill, but I bought an aftermarket belt drive on Ebay several years ago that uses this belt.

I think maybe the belt is a 3M300?

Hi Radford

a 3M300 would have a circumference of 12" do you have enough adjustment for that?

Peatoluser and I suggested the 3M280 because it has a circumference of 11" which is what you measured the old belt at.

Bez

I have the aftermarket belt drive from Little Machine Shop for my Cummins 7877 Mini Mill.

The belt drive looks like this:

MiniMillBelt.jpg

Yours may not be the same, or it could be...

Rick

Bezalel said:
Hi Radford

a 3M300 would have a circumference of 12" do you have enough adjustment for that?

Peatoluser and I suggested the 3M280 because it has a circumference of 11" which is what you measured the old belt at.

Bez

My earlier measurement wasn't accurate. After examining the old belt carefully I can see the code 3M300....I think.

Latest posts

Back