Help at the beginning of the road

Home Model Engine Machinist Forum

Help Support Home Model Engine Machinist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hussien95

Reaction score
Hello all, I am a long time and I see the wonderful designs of engines, two stroke and four stroke and I want to make a first gasoline engine.
So is there any one help me in the first simple engine I Make, such as plans or videos, for example ...
Thank you for this wonderful forum.
:):):):):):)

I know gasoline engine is a generic term but most model we make run on some less dangerous and temperamental fuel such as Coleman camp stove fuel which is some kind of kerosene.

Gasoline is very critical on the needle carburetion, it smell bad, is very volatile creating flammable vapors.

You can certainly run a model on gasoline but consider a better behaved fuel.

The construction is fairly insensitive to the type of fuel so you can decide after a try.

Thank you very much, my friend.
Thm:Thm:Thm:Thm:Thm:Thm:Thm:Thm:
I have many questions.
1-Is made gasoline engine harder than Coleman fuel engine made.
2-Are plans on this forum is also working on gasoline?
3. What changes should be taken into account in the case of gasoline engine made?
I want made Model of gasoline engine because many fuel is not available in my country.
sorry for my bad language

All of our engines will run on either Coleman fuel or on gasoline straight from the gas pump at the auto service station. We choose coleman fuel because it is odorless, that is the only reason. I have built many successful i.c. engines, and I strongly urge anyone interested to build the Webster engine as their first. It is a very easy engine to build and run, and plans are free on the internet. Do a web search for Webster. It was my first engine, and can be built with relatively simple tools.--what part of the world are you in? -Brian

Thank you very much, Brian helped me a lot in this speech.
I have seen a lot of wonderful designs on this forum, but I looking for easier to build
I live in Syria
:):)

Hi Hussein.

This is a very tiny engine and because of it tiny size,many of us shied away and it is a very difficult and unforgiving engine. The Webster Gas Engine would the best engine. Very forgiving and parts are big and easy to make. Todate I have built three engines.The Webster as a beginner's engine,the Rupnow Hit and Miss as the intermediate and the Nemett-Lynx Engine. These engines are on HMEM posts. My current engine is the Howell V-2 which requires advanced beginner skills.

Follow Gus advice, the engine you plan to make is not a beginner project.
You must consider that as size get smaller the required accuracy increases.
Work up to it, success on your first project will feed your desire to tackle a more challenging next.

Hello gus
Thanks for the clarification, I want to engine a small volume manufacturing because I think it would be easier, but you explained to me why that should not deal with small engines since I am a beginner.
What do you think of this engine does find it easy to build the first engine for me ??
http://home.comcast.net/~webster_engines/
I will also be looking for some of the other designs in this wonderful forum.
:):):):):):)

Thanks for the advice Turnitora45
I will work with advice on the search engine to start a medium-sized by
;)

The Webster would be a perfect first I.C. engine build. Many members here have built them. Certainly much easier to build than the Tiny you were considering. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back